ABOUT RUSS LEVI
“RUSS LEVI is an irreverent guy who just so happens to create beautiful-rich-vibrant-uniquely-authentic wedding photography in and around the Bay Area, all over California and anywhere there’s beautiful light.”
I live in the quirky/historical town of Petaluma in the diverse/pleasant Sonoma County Wine Country – but I photograph weddings all over the Bay Area and really all of California…and to be honest anywhere in the world.
I’ve been photographing weddings since 2009 and yes, this is my full-time job. I love weddings for their logistical and lighting challenges, and that every part of the day is like a different genre of photography. I love them for their emotion and intimacy, for their grandeur and power…and I love them for their love <3
But photography only makes up 98% of me – scroll down to learn what the other 2% is
My girlfriend and I met at a funny noses convention
My mom and sister weren't expecting Maui to be so cold
Tokyo with photographers
Did you know that having something and someone to LOVE makes you live longer? Seems like an important thing
Despite my irreverence, there are a lot of things that I care about. I love my family, girlfriend, friends, and forest of avocado trees that I grew from pit. I love traveling to exotic lands, trying all of the tacos at Vallartas, hiking in the redwoods, an Old Fashioned at Local Edition, making map art, riding bikes along rivers, listening to Radiolab while rollerblading in Golden Gate Park (yep, I still rollerblade), eating vanilla ice cream with olive oil and sea salt (so much better than it sounds), getting chai at Raman’s Chai, recording nerdy photography podcasts (check out The MAXAMALIST for all your gear discussion needs), and everything and anything quirky and fun.
These people are pretty important to me.
My dad is one of the nicest guys I've ever met (and I hope I just age just like him - he's almost 70 in that photo!)
My mom and sister both have more Instagram followers than you do (and me for that matter)
They're all fun to hang out with <3
I’ve been fortunate enough to travel to roughly a quarter of all the world’s countries, 6 continents and I even kinda/sorta lived in Italy, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, and Hong Kong for short periods of time.
I’m also passionately in love with the Bay Area and California in general and spend my free time seeing all of our beautiful coastline, deserts, mountains, and trees.
I will travel absolutely anywhere in the name of life-affirming landscapes, good light and humanitarian photography projects.
If you'd like to look at/purchase some of my prints take a look here: https://www.russlevi.com/travel-portfolio/
We can be deeply romantic and outrageous and spontaneous...all at once.
—So just a note, this amazing videographer Spencer Sarson made a little clip about my approach to photographing weddings. He makes awesome videos of weddings too. — <3<3<3 to y’all and all the other image makers and storytellers represented on this page such as: Alexandrina Owens | Lisa Stone | Duy Ho | A Girl and a Camera | Kathleen Sheffer